Vodafone has launched a new Huawei make device, dubbed as Vodafone R216. It is a new 4G Mobile WiFi hotspot router that comes with Hisilicon Balong 711 processor. It is listed in the company international website without the price tag.
The Vodafone R216 mobile WiFi hotspot router supports Cat.4 4G LTE that supports download speed up to 150Mbps and upload speed up to 50 Mbps. Vodafone also provides R216-z which is ZTE make. It comes with 128MB RAM and 256MB ROM, but no word about microSD card slot.
The R216 features LTE FDD 800/1800/2600MHz, UMTS/WCDMA 900/2100MHz and GPRS/GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900MHz bands. In its DC-HSPA+ network, the device supports download speed to up to 42Mbps and upload speed up to 5.76Mbps.
The Vodafone R216 supports WLAN 802.11 a/b/g/n and also dual band WiFi 2.4 + 5 GHz. It comes with LED indicator and 1500mAh Li-ion battery. It measures 96 × 58 × 12.8 mm and weight is 95 gms. It comes in black and white variant colors. Unlocked Huawei’s Vodafone R216 mobile WiFi router will be available in the market up to the US $300.
Unlocking of Huawei Vodafone R216 is slightly different, as you need to change the firmware. U.K. Vodafone R216 comes with firmware 21.200.51.00.1160 and can be unlocked after changing the firmware. I have also tested the unlocking of Vodafone R216 of India , but have to unscrew the device.
* LTE FDD Band 3/7/8/20 (800/9001800/2600MHz)
* Battery: 2300mAh, working time to 8 hours
Vodafone R216-Z is a new 4G Mobile WiFi Hotspot from ZTE. The processor of ZTE R216-Z is Qualcomm MDM 9225. ZTE R216 is a LTE Category 4 Mobile WiFi and can support download speed up to 150Mbps and upload speed to 50mbps. Vodafone R216-Z has a brother model named Huawei R216.
Vodafone R216-Z (ZTE) Technical Specifications:
Like Vodafone R226 , Vodafone R216 is also Huawei make and unlocking is possible. You can find the rebranded R216 in countries like U.K., Australia, Spain, Italy, Portugal, India etc. Unlocking procedures may be slightly different, so before paying, proceed with steps or you can also get the help through comments.
1. Make sure your router (Vodafone / Vodacom R216) is fully charged or connected to static power supply.
2. Reset the device, and insert a non-acceptable Network sim on your Vodafone R216 WiFi MiFi Router.
3. After changing the another network providers sim on your Huawei WiFi / MiFi, switch the device on. It will display “Invalid SIM” because you have used another network providers sim.
4. Now just establish a WiFi connection to Vodafone R226 WiFi MiFi Router with your PC / laptop (Windows).